Ideas to combat the Nutang's Crisis
Thursday. 6.4.09 9:44 pm
I know Nutang.com is facing some crisis, and Dave our founder is having trouble to keeping it up as Nutang.com do not generate as much revenue as predicted it should be. By the end of July 2009, the revenue sharing will on hold temporary until the crisis of unprofitable resolved.
Although Ifm a noob in technology world, but to maintain a site is relatively hard, especially when it is not in the full time basis. I do not know Dave well but I assumed he do have another job to take care of, so please be nice to him~ without him we donft have Nutang.com.
I assume, most of Nutang.comfs members love Nutang.com deep down, well I know I am, so I think is time to contribute a little bit back to Nutang.com, this we will help to maintain Nutang.com and at the same reduced the burden carried by Dave (financially)~. Ifm aware that Nutang.com is Davefs baby so no one shall rob Nutang.com away, no recession too cannot rob Nutang.com away!
Ifm aware that Dave had suggested to stop revenue sharing for awhile, until everything is ok, but this take time, of course it is a great idea, but the time taken is slower, and it doesnft help in the long term if Nutang.comfs idea is Revenue Sharing.
We the gTangh should start giving back something to Nutang.com, it wonft hurt to do something relatively small to Nutang.com.
The points below are just some suggestions, which of course is for reference onlyc
1. To ensure Dave able to maintain Nutang.com, my suggestion is we need to have a gNutang Fundh. This Nutang.com fund, will solely used to maintain the server, and the domain name which needed to renew each year or depends on the package Dave took.
- It gonna works this way, every year those members that generated revenue of more than 15 dollars will contribute a dollar to Nutang.com. And this money will go directly to Nutang Fund, it would be nice to have a column showing how much Nutang.com fund have as of to date.
- Once a dollar of fund cash out from the members, 100pps or more will reward to the user, maybe an icon medal for the members, to show their contribution to Nutang.com.
- It might sound demanding to have dollar cash out, but if Nutang.com suffer lost, we will end up with nothing. If a company does not earn any profit, the dividend will eventually reduced to lowest percentage, so same things apply to Nutang.com.
- We cannot always depends on Dave to pay the bills, because we too have to responsible to maintain the side.
2. I know Nutang.com is Revenue Sharing, the income from advertisement is equally shared among the active members and please remember profit of advertising did not come from one single person. Yes not only dave but all of us.
- I assume some of us that involved in local online advertisement are aware of~
- CPC (Cost Per Click) each time an interested advertisement is click, it will bring in some income, as well as
- CPM (Cost Per Million) of impression of page surf. The more frequent a visitor visited the site, the higher the revenue will increase, hence having new and quality members are relatively important in bringing in the profit.
- Of course I do not know how Nutang.com advertisement work, but this is the rough idea that I can conclude by observing. Too bad me and renaye did not see any advertisement around Nutang.com @@ff which I do not know why.
3. As I mentioned earlier, members are important, of course if we have millions of members but only 1% of them is active it didnft mean anything. But I really love the invitation idea~, it helps to control quality members but of course there are some sleeping members too. To have quality members, maybe interview session can be conducted by the members around Nutang.com, like randomjunk, ikimashokie, The-Muffin-Man and others that been staying with Nutang.com relatively long and know what kind of members are suitable for Nutang.com.
From there with new members, it help to increase the CPM, and quality members are needed because long term members are what Nutang.com needed now.
4. I know it Is relatively hard to convince one person to switch from famous blogspot, xanga and etc to Nutang.com, so is great to target newbies that are just started exploring the blogging world, tendency for them to stay loyal to one blog site is high when they gain some regulars readers. [provided they plan to blog for long term, n not giving up after few posts]
To target newbies:-
- Maybe from friends around us
- And other possible way you can think of.
- The pros of joining Nutang.com
- Why is Nutang.com better than other blog site (one thing that I love Nutang.com the most is community and I can customize my own blog)
- And comment system where non members have to read the instruction carefully before commenting, which means those that succeeded in commenting is a human, compare to the traditional, who knows there might be a hack or glitch that able to hack the code.
- Revenue sharing and contribution.
5. Inactive members
- I do not know does this type of members received any revenue sharing benefit, because if they do, it will drag the revenue to be divided into bigger group. What Ifm trying to say here is, if inactive members too shared the profit, those active members will take a little more time to hit 15 dollars target, hence it will be tough to direct a dollar to Nutang.com fund.
- Besides, it might also occupied part of the server, and cost a lot to maintain them by having their data in the server (sorry I donft know if is true, but I know we needed space in the server to hold all the data).
- Maybe Nutang.com can start having this policy of those members than are inactive after 2 years from the date of their last post, their revenue will fully contribute to Nutang.com fund. Of course they can apply for revenue return with 10% or 20% deduction from their actual revenue.
6. Remember, advertisement is the sole revenue giver for Nutang.com. But, Ifm sorry to say that, I did not see any advertisement on Nutang.com, maybe is the restriction by the advertising company or some glitch by Internet browser.
I know having advertisement hanging on the main page might be too eye catching and ended up everyone ignoring the main data and fascinated by the advertisement and the purpose of Nutang.com will not achieve, but if I were to advertise, I often wanted it to be at a place where the target audience can easily seen and approach to. Maybe dave can switch the advertisement placing. If the advertiser is happy, then the revenue will increase. It will become win win situation, when advertisers are happy, the Tangfs too will be happy.
7. PPS, only those very active members will enjoyed the benefit of pps, and besides, those that aware of the competition host by the Tangfs members. Provided you win it tho. I know there are some attractive PPS store items, that you can exchange for, like pixel man, the X@nutang.com email add, the mystery page (I yet to get it), and etc. although it consider a lot, but as the time passes by, more new items should added it for the Tangfs members to exchange for, to create their eagerness to be popular in the community, in order to gain more PPS. (of course if those that uses unethical way of doing so, will received the consequences ~ )
- As the participation increased, it helps to generate frequent visit which directly boost the revenue generated by CPM systems.
- Another way to increase the PPS, maybe Nutang.com can introduce buying PPS system, you donft have to have a paypal to do so, once you have Nutang.com and your own revenue, it can automatically deducted from it. Even Nuttz can buy PPS without needing a paypal which do not work for her. All the revenue will goes directly to Nutang.com Fund for future use to sustain the server and domain.
- Of course, the PPS price must be reasonable, and affordable, maybe 50 cents for 500pps and 1 dollar for 1100pps. (Yup 1100pps to encourage the members to buy at 1 dollar rate instead of 50 cents). But before implementing it, PPS store must improve with lots of items, and then this will lead to purchasing behavior. Maybe some limited edition PPS Store items that only cater for the PPS purchaser~.
Categories: marketing [t], ideas [t], nutang [t]
These little long stories, belongs to my crazy little mind, these fancy funny photos, belongs to my crazy little eyes, so please dont plagiarize, or my little angry devil will come into your mind. Hence~ All contents here Copyright 2006 - 2100 mizutama.
*thumbs up* (^o^)p » blueyen
on 2009-06-10 08:41:25 Great Idea
I like the idea of giving back a dollar to nutang I think that will work. maybe even deactivating the payout system on inactive blogs too will help. I think it was hotmail that deletes accounts after 3 months so nutang could deactivate the revenue sharing of blogs after 3 months of inactivity..... » bzhuo373
on 2009-06-12 05:49:29 It does not disturb me.
This valuable opinion cheap meridia
Rather valuable piece phentermine pharmacy
You will change nothing. tramadol tablets
Yes, all is logical buy alprazolam
More precisely does not happen vogue menthol
e7b571 » Barton
(126.96.36.199) on 2010-08-29 04:53:10 It was my error.
And where logic? alprazolam without prescription
In a fantastic way! buy meridia online
Bravo, excellent idea buy xanax online cheap
You are mistaken. Let's discuss. buy ultram
Exclusive delirium, in my opinion generic xanax xr
134962 » Quincy
(188.8.131.52) on 2011-06-07 05:19:20 Excellently)))))))
In my opinion. You were mistaken. lamisil 250 mg
It be no point. purple xanax
You commit an error. I can prove it. valium without prescription
Attempt not torture. xanax without prescription
Not in it an essence. buy propecia
3496251 » Chase
(184.108.40.206) on 2011-07-10 12:04:52
If you are a member, try logging in again or accessing this page here.